Home » Other » Client Tools » REPORT generating dilema SQL plus, SQL worksheet, SQL developer, when to you choose to use which.. (oracle 9i , winxp)
REPORT generating dilema SQL plus, SQL worksheet, SQL developer, when to you choose to use which.. [message #309876] Sat, 29 March 2008 10:12 Go to next message
oraclewannabe
hi i am always generating report for my company into excel sheet..
and i encoutner a scenario where by i need to do a
BREAK ON col skip 1 command.

now i am wondering..

1) i am using sql developer to export the report into excel sheet everytime. and ihave tried using the break on col skip 1 command, it will not work on sql developer.

if i run it in a script [F5] i cannot export the data in excel..

2) if i use sql*plus to do the report, i wont not be able to see all the columns in 1 straight row..
even though i have set the linesize to the maximum..my tables has too many columns..

2nd , can sql*plus generate excel file?

3) what is the difference between sqlworksheet and sqlplus, does oracle10g still support sqlworksheet? i cant seem to find it in oracle10g

4) somehow i feel certain mechanism inside sqldeveloper sqlworksheet are the same of sqlplus,
anybody has a clue?

thats all 10s
Re: REPORT generating dilema SQL plus, SQL worksheet, SQL developer, when to you choose to use which [message #309883 is a reply to message #309876] Sat, 29 March 2008 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
2) Too bad!
2nd, it can generate csv file

3) sqlworksheet is built above sqlplus

4) see 3), sqldeveloper is not dependent on sqlplus

Regards
Michel
Re: REPORT generating dilema SQL plus, SQL worksheet, SQL developer, when to you choose to use which [message #309898 is a reply to message #309876] Sat, 29 March 2008 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oraclewannabe
so what do you suggest mike,

if i were to use sql*plus
and i need to generate a report that shows alot of columns.

the columns extended into the nextline of the screen and output get very messy.

any suggesstions ?
Re: REPORT generating dilema SQL plus, SQL worksheet, SQL developer, when to you choose to use which [message #309902 is a reply to message #309898] Sat, 29 March 2008 13:23 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
If you exceed the maximum value allowed by linesize then there nothing to go with SQL*Plus.
Use a tool that allow larger line or create your own program.
But if your line are larger than the maximum size I wonder how you can print or read it.

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: TOAD Error
Next Topic: SQL * PLUS - setting wrap on for column
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:07:55 CDT 2024