Home » Other » Client Tools » quest software - spotlight on oracle(bit urgent)
quest software - spotlight on oracle(bit urgent) [message #228124] Sun, 01 April 2007 00:43 Go to next message
orcl dba
I have three Oracle versions installed on my Windows system - Oracle 9.2 database, Oracle 10g client and Oracle 10g database.
When I try to create a new database connection in Spotlight, it only recognises the 10g database home and the databases present in that home.
I want to connect to the databases registered in the tnsnames file in the 10g client home. Is there any way I can select my Oracle home in Spotlight? Please let me know. A bit urgent.

Thanks,
Sankalpa

[Updated on: Sun, 01 April 2007 01:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: quest software - spotlight on oracle(bit urgent) [message #228177 is a reply to message #228124] Mon, 02 April 2007 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Put ALL TNSNAMES aliases into one TNSNAMES.ORA file; set path to it using system environment variable called TNS_ADMIN (on MS Windows, you'd do that by typing (at command prompt)
M:\>SET TNS_ADMIN=c:\oracle_library

Doing so, Spotlight will find aliases of all your databases and you'll be able to establish connection to any of them. At least, I hope so.
Re: quest software - spotlight on oracle(bit urgent) [message #228178 is a reply to message #228177] Mon, 02 April 2007 00:31 Go to previous message
orcl dba
Thanks for the reply. I have also found another workaround for the issue. You can change the order of Oracle homes from 10g Universal Installer. That would take care of it.
Anyways, thanks for replying.
Previous Topic: What Toad for Oracle edition do you use?
Next Topic: about SAVE environment sqlplus command ....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:12:20 CDT 2024