Home » Other » Client Tools » execute script while logging into isqlplus
icon12.gif  execute script while logging into isqlplus [message #200154] Sat, 28 October 2006 15:51 Go to next message
sonman
hello everyone:

i am a newbie learning oracle 10g. i am trying to log into isqlplus site, I load the script (bookscript.sql), I see the script loaded, next step I click on Execute Script

Next thing, my browser goes blank with a message: you are not connected to the internet or you need to refresh the page, when I refresh the page it goes back to log in screen on isqlplus site.

I am using IE 7 beta.

Can you help me with this? Is this a browser issue in some way?

Any response would be much appreciated

sonman
Re: execute script while logging into isqlplus [message #200156 is a reply to message #200154] Sat, 28 October 2006 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you provide correct credentials? Username, password and a database?
Re: execute script while logging into isqlplus [message #200158 is a reply to message #200156] Sat, 28 October 2006 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonman
hello:

thanks for the quick response

you ask an interesting question: AFAIK, i did have enter the right username, pwd and db name.

the default usrnm was scott and pwd was tiger, I changed it since that wasnt working any more (I reloaded 10g since my computer crashed)

my computer is not locating the bookscript.sql for me run the file from sqlplus that is why I tried isqlplus

sorry about the long explanation

sonman
Re: execute script while logging into isqlplus [message #200161 is a reply to message #200158] Sat, 28 October 2006 16:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use iSQL*Plus nor Internet Explorer 7 - may be that some options should be set in order to make iSQL*Plus work, but ... I don't know which ones.

I didn't quite understand this sentence:

"my computer is not locating the bookscript.sql for me run the file from sqlplus that is why I tried isqlplus"

How can't you find 'bookscript.sql' to run it from SQL*Plus, but you successfully loaded it into iSQL*Plus?

SQL*Plus, perhaps, can not find it in current directory. Could you copy this file into your working directory and run it as

SQL> @bookscript

Or, when you open tht file in iSQL*Plus, copy it into the clipboard, open a text editor and save it into directory you use while in SQL*Plus. Or, log on into SQL*Plus and paste clipboard contents and, as the last line, enter slash (/) sign to run it.

Would that bring any improvement?
Re: execute script while logging into isqlplus [message #200165 is a reply to message #200154] Sat, 28 October 2006 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonman
I don't use iSQL*Plus nor Internet Explorer 7 - may be that some options should be set in order to make iSQL*Plus work, but ... I don't know which ones.

I didn't quite understand this sentence:

"my computer is not locating the bookscript.sql for me run the file from sqlplus that is why I tried isqlplus"

How can't you find 'bookscript.sql' to run it from SQL*Plus, but you successfully loaded it into iSQL*Plus?

(I dont know how this is working, it cant locate the string in SQL Plus but could load into iSQL Plus. I tried several combinations, for example, I created a c:\bookscript.sql (didnt work), I tried c:\desktop\bookscript.sql (didnt work either))

SQL*Plus, perhaps, can not find it in current directory. Could you copy this file into your working directory and run it as

SQL> @bookscript

(is this the same as what I described in the previous paragraph?)

Or, when you open tht file in iSQL*Plus, copy it into the clipboard, open a text editor and save it into directory you use while in SQL*Plus. Or, log on into SQL*Plus and paste clipboard contents and, as the last line, enter slash (/) sign to run it.

This I need to try and see what happens.

Would that bring any improvement?
Re: execute script while logging into isqlplus [message #200166 is a reply to message #200154] Sat, 28 October 2006 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sonman
do you think I need to delete the data files, download them again and try loading the scriptfile? do you think that might help?

before my computer crashed, I didnt have any problem locating the script file, did it right away, but this time it is frustrating
Re: execute script while logging into isqlplus [message #200167 is a reply to message #200165] Sat, 28 October 2006 17:05 Go to previous message
sonman
may be I should place my question here, since then it will be a reply to you, instead of a reply to myself!

do you think I need to delete the data files, download them again and try loading the scriptfile? do you think that might help?

before my computer crashed, I didnt have any problem locating the script file, did it right away, but this time it is frustrating
Previous Topic: Show time values for the date fields in SQL+ Worksheet
Next Topic: how to use sql navigator
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:15:52 CDT 2024