Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » revese engineering: FORMS
revese engineering: FORMS [message #178274] Tue, 20 June 2006 07:33 Go to next message
srao
Hi

Version: Oracle DB 10g ,
Designer Ver 9.0.4.3
Platform WIN XP, Local client

I am able to bring in Server Model for the existing schema successfully.

But each time I try to capture design of any one of the existing forms (.fmb files) the designer throws the following error.

Form Generator (Windows 98/NT/2000/XP) : Version 9.0.4.3.14 - Production on Tue Jun 20 07:24:46 2006
Copyright (c) 1995, 2004 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved

Capturing Module
Capture Unsuccessful

CDG-01338 ERROR: Folder SYSTEM FOLDER: Failed to load form C:\oracle\ORADS\forms90\LTCS\ltcs.fmb
Design Capture Complete

The mentioned form uses the library (.olb) file (user created) and I did bring that into the repository as well. This was a solution suggested in one of your earlier posts, but it is not working here.

I guess my question is : what steps must one take to capture design of an existing form that uses user created libraries?

Would greatly appreciate any insights or tips in this regard.

Thanks
Suma

PS: I am able to do design capture of the default form "TEST.fmb" successfully. This is the form supplied with oracle forms package and does not use any database items or libraries.
Re: revese engineering: FORMS [message #178328 is a reply to message #178274] Tue, 20 June 2006 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Is it a Forms 6 form?
(I found this link when I googled for the error-message.)
Re: revese engineering: FORMS [message #178544 is a reply to message #178328] Wed, 21 June 2006 08:09 Go to previous message
srao
Hi Frank,

The FORMS version is 9.0.4.3.

I did solve the problem. I did the following:

1. Design Editor -> Options -> Generator Options -> Forms ->
Dependencies -> File or DataBase (radio button)-> <path of my .olb files and .fmb files>

2. Set an environment var in Windows
"FORMS90_PATH" and pointed it to include my .olb and .fmb file paths. I also added designer path to it(under oracle home).

PS: End all the paths with "\". And restart the designer after u make the changes.

This solved the problem and I am able to capture designs of all of my forms.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Suma
Previous Topic: Any free utility for reverse engineering ER Diagram?
Next Topic: how to invoke the repository administrator utility ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:39:46 CDT 2024