Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Problem with LOB Deallocation
Problem with LOB Deallocation [message #109569] Fri, 25 February 2005 22:40 Go to next message
omprasad
Hi,
I have a table that contain a blob column and i have around 200,000 records in the table.The table has crosed the max tablespace size that it can extend.
So I deleted some of the records and then tried to add some more records,But I was not able to add any more records. I think the space allocated out of line for the Blob is was not deallocated.
The exact error message is
java.io.IOException:ORA-01691:Unable to extend lob segment

comming to my question..Is there any any to free the space allocated for lob segment(which are stored out ofline) as these are not released when i delete the rows from the table.
Re: Problem with LOB Deallocation [message #117086 is a reply to message #109569] Sun, 24 April 2005 17:40 Go to previous message
rhardman
A bit late on the response, but I wanted to post in case you were still running into an issue. This was a known issue on certain versions. Check your db version against bugs on the issue in Metalink. If you can't track it down, log a ticket with support and point them to forum entry 23177.996 on Metalink where the analyst references the problem. There are a number of bugs available for different version that point to the same issue too.

-Ron
Previous Topic: Extending the Knowledge Base
Next Topic: InterMedia Index
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:52:44 CDT 2024