Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » R/e Oracle Designer 6i
R/e Oracle Designer 6i [message #77876] Thu, 06 December 2001 21:46 Go to next message
Chad Courtney
I have installed Oracle Designer 6i and Oracle 8i 8.1.7. I have also created a repository and given a user all the necessary privliges needed for the dB. I am running on Windows 2000 with both patches 1 & 2 installed. I am able to connect to the repository no problem inside both Designer and the RAU. The only problem is that I can not use any of the tools. The buttons for all of the tools are greyed out. I am not sure why that would be. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very much appreciative.
Chad

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: R/e Oracle Designer 6i [message #78079 is a reply to message #77876] Sun, 13 January 2002 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
linbiaowen
Hi,
1, open the designer, connect as the repository user. select one function such as "data flow diagram".
2, choose new from the file memu, and a select container box open, click the little button on the right side.
3. another select box open, then you can create a folder base on the type you select, i.e. "container" or "Application System"
4. choose the container type.
5. rename the folder as you like. i.e. 'test'
6. double click on the test folder.
7. and you can do anything!
Re: R/e Oracle Designer 6i [message #78854 is a reply to message #77876] Wed, 20 March 2002 05:51 Go to previous message
Firas
how can i connect to designer 6i ???
Previous Topic: Installing repository for Designer 6i
Next Topic: Oracle Design related
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:08:30 CDT 2024