Home » RDBMS Server » Server Utilities » Auto-incremental update software
Auto-incremental update software [message #69698] Tue, 19 February 2002 12:32 Go to next message
Paul Hopgood
I am currently in the process of developing a GIS system that uses Oracle 8i as the database for data storage. However, we have two sites on opposite sides of the world and due to satellite link restrictions, (no fibre optic cable) are unable to interrogate the single database in The Netherlands. The GIS Group have concluded that we will need two Oracle Databases, one on each side of the world.

Here the difficulty arises to ensure that the second database is a mirror of the first. I am looking for software that is capable of comparing the individual databases, noting the differences, then updating each database so they are again identical. This update should be done automatically.

Anyone any ideas?
Re: Auto-incremental update software [message #69701 is a reply to message #69698] Wed, 20 February 2002 04:22 Go to previous message
Grant
TOAD has a DB compare but you have to be able to connect to both DB's. It isn't automated. Take a look at Oracle's Standby Database and OPS. Somebody out there may know of a tool that will check and automate this process other than Oracle tools. Good luck you have a big job ahead!
Previous Topic: difference between sqlldr and sqlldr80
Next Topic: Re: FREE OCP PAPERS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:03:42 CDT 2024