Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Oracle Forms 10g data block optimizer hint (Oracle database 10g , Forms 10g )
Oracle Forms 10g data block optimizer hint [message #681714] Wed, 19 August 2020 02:35 Go to next message
Rennokas
Hi

How can one get optimizer hints to work in data block query.
I want the parallel hint to work.

Source type is table, alias is set and I tried /*+ PARALLEL(a,35)*/ and just PARALLEL(a,35) in the Optimizer hint part of the block.
Neither works it seems. In session sql I see that alias is added but hint is not added to the query.

Renno
Re: Oracle Forms 10g data block optimizer hint [message #681716 is a reply to message #681714] Wed, 19 August 2020 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator

This does not answer the question but are you sure that trying to use a parallelism of 35 is wise?

[Updated on: Wed, 19 August 2020 03:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Oracle Forms 10g data block optimizer hint [message #681717 is a reply to message #681714] Wed, 19 August 2020 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rennokas
There is max 240 parallel query servers available in db. So might be ok.

I found out that data block "Optimizer hint" not working might be oracle bug.
Re: Oracle Forms 10g data block optimizer hint [message #681718 is a reply to message #681714] Wed, 19 August 2020 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

This doesn't answer the question either, but 35 as a DOP is not good. It is said by those who should know that the hashing algorithms used to distribute rows between parallel servers are based on powers of two, so it is important that the DOP should be a power of two also.

What if you run the statement with the hint from SQL*Plus? Does it parallelize then?
Re: Oracle Forms 10g data block optimizer hint [message #681719 is a reply to message #681718] Wed, 19 August 2020 04:32 Go to previous message
Rennokas
John Watson wrote on Wed, 19 August 2020 04:04
Welcome to the forum. Please read the OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use code tags and make your code easier to read

This doesn't answer the question either, but 35 as a DOP is not good. It is said by those who should know that the hashing algorithms used to distribute rows between parallel servers are based on powers of two, so it is important that the DOP should be a power of two also.

What if you run the statement with the hint from SQL*Plus? Does it parallelize then?
Okey so something like 32 sounds better ? Smile
In sql plus I it works fine. Parallel sessions appear and it is much much faster.

I have a workaround with "From clause query" instead of "Table". It is basically a procedure with select statement in varchar2 variable. I use replace to add values to parameters.
Then I do set_block_property query_data_source_name to the sql. Before execution I enable parallel query and after query I disable it.
Previous Topic: Send to wattsapp
Next Topic: FRM-10142
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:03:12 CDT 2024