Home » Applications » Other Application Suites » SAP cannot find Java in the directory (Java SDK 2 1.4, Windows XP Professional 64 bit)
SAP cannot find Java in the directory [message #600562] Fri, 08 November 2013 00:46 Go to next message
danny99
Hi the team,

I am installing Java SDK 2 1.4 (the file J2eesdk-1_4_02_2005Q2-windows.exe was downloaded for oracle website) in order to install SAP IDES 4.7

However I got an error message at the very first when installing SAP. I mean when I double click on the setup icon of SAP an I receive the error and nothing can go further.

Please see the attached file with the screen dumps.

My computer:
Intel core i7 930GHz
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R mother board
8 GB RAM

Thank you
Danny
Re: SAP cannot find Java in the directory [message #600568 is a reply to message #600562] Fri, 08 November 2013 03:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
That looks like an SAP question, rather than Oracle. Apart from downloading Java SDK from the Oracle site, how is Oracle involved into your problem?

You chose to put question into Networking and Gateways forum; I'm moving it into Other Application Suites. However, I still think that you'd better ask that question in SAP forum, not here.

Anyway: screenshots suggest that Java installation was successful, as well as Oracle (database, I presume). Did you follow SAP Installation Guide? Does it contain part that describes "Java" part of the installation? Any hints in there?
Re: SAP cannot find Java in the directory [message #600609 is a reply to message #600568] Sat, 09 November 2013 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
danny99
Hi Littlefoot,

I'm able to solve this problem. The issue is not with Java, it is the script in the batch installation file cmd. After examine the script and I fixed it.

And now I move to the next part (as I am installing SAP in my PC at home). I got the error message when creating database with Oracle as follows:

ora-12546 TNS:permission denied

I attach the error file for you here to have a look and you may be able to help out. I am just have a fair knowledge of PC skills like Excel, Words and have no idea about Oracle or programming codes. The problem I attach here that I have searched many threads but I really don't understand or the answers are not relevant to my case.

The file is the last 2 pages of the log file.

Thanks
Danny
Re: SAP cannot find Java in the directory [message #600614 is a reply to message #600609] Sat, 09 November 2013 07:52 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
This is what error means:Oracle

ORA-12546: TNS: permission denied

Cause: User has insufficient privileges to perform the requested operation.

Action: Acquire necessary privileges and try again.

Check whether Note 722966 - Composite SAP Note: ORA-12546 helps.

By the way, which Oracle database version did you install?
Previous Topic: brbackup failing due to file in recovery mode
Next Topic: inventory
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:02:56 CDT 2024