Home » Server Options » Text & interMedia » Oracle text and locking issue (Oracle 11.2.0.3 on Linux)
Oracle text and locking issue [message #595663] Thu, 12 September 2013 12:21 Go to next message
orausern
Hi Experts,

I am on Oracle 11.2.0.3 on Linux. I have implemented Oracle text in my database. My production dba was telling me today that there are some locking issues in production and he has sent me an ASH report. I can post that ASH in a seperate email thread, but first in this post wanted to ask that are there any known problems with Oracle text that it causes locks or locking related waits? I read somewhere that oracle text indexes get defragmented over time. My text indexes are defined as sync on commit. Do they, for example, need to be rebuilt over time - by say dropping and recreating them? What should be the frequency of doing this?

I will be most thankful for any pointer on this.

Regards,
Re: Oracle text and locking issue [message #595695 is a reply to message #595663] Thu, 12 September 2013 14:37 Go to previous message
Barbara Boehmer
I have responded on the OTN Text sub-forum (or space as they call it there now):

https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2581036
Previous Topic: progressive relaxation techniques
Next Topic: ORA-900 invalid sql statement error while calling optimize_index procedure from pl/sql
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:57:41 CDT 2024