Home » Other » Client Tools » Unable to expand and see the tables under schema (oracle 11.2.0.1.0 linux 2.6)
Unable to expand and see the tables under schema [message #527606] Wed, 19 October 2011 05:04 Go to next message
kesavansundaram
Dear Sir/Madam,

End user says that they are able to connect a schema thro oracle sql developer tool, but when they click on Tables, ( i.e when they expand (+) button ), they are not able to see the tables... and they are not able to see any inidexes/proc/function...etc. But i am able to see in my machine...

what would be the reason ?

please guide me.

have attached screen shot taken from my machine..
Re: Unable to expand and see the tables under schema [message #527608 is a reply to message #527606] Wed, 19 October 2011 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If they connect to the database using their own credentials (which are different from yours), it might possible that they don't own any objects but are allowed to use them by the mean of (public?) synonyms. If that's not the case, someone else might have another idea. Anyway, it would be nice if you could provide some more details (how exactly you and they connect, to which schema, who owns those objects, ...).
Re: Unable to expand and see the tables under schema [message #527610 is a reply to message #527608] Wed, 19 October 2011 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Roachcoach
I've seen this the other day and was at a loss.

Person behind me couldn't expand the sql developer tables (was as if none existed) and I could - same user/pass/DB combination, same SQL Developer version and a restart didnt help it. No filters were applied either.

We can both query tables, just I can see them and they couldnt. Shift+F4 over the name still brought the definition up though.

It was very odd indeed.
Re: Unable to expand and see the tables under schema [message #527612 is a reply to message #527610] Wed, 19 October 2011 05:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Not at all, in your case. If tables = roaches, then it is understandable that roaches behave themselves in front of their coach. Your colleague wasn't coach, so they hid. Can't explain it in @kesavansundaram's case, though.
Re: Unable to expand and see the tables under schema [message #527613 is a reply to message #527608] Wed, 19 October 2011 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kesavansundaram
hi aLL,

As a DBA, Iam connecting sql developoer as SYS and then expanding tables under the SCHEMA ( IDENTITY ) .

but user connecing as IDENTITY/<pwd> directly.
user is able to query the data ( i.e SELECT ) ,but not able to see the list of tables in left side panel. i checked the owner for all tables presented under scehma: IDENITY. it is IDENTITY only.

Re: Unable to expand and see the tables under schema [message #527614 is a reply to message #527613] Wed, 19 October 2011 05:34 Go to previous message
Roachcoach
Like I said, were using the same generic user account, it's not a user/schema mix up Wink

My connection was userA/passB@sidC, their connection was userA/passB@sidC.

Edit:

More detail.

Both of us were looking at the other users section, both of us could query the tables directly (no synonyms/views in play), just I could see them in the GUI tree on the left hand side and the other person could not.

It's like two people connecting as scott/tiger but the GUI only showing the tables to one, but allowing both to query.

Case in OP is different users (though still seems odd), but we were the same damned account!

[Updated on: Wed, 19 October 2011 05:37]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Spool out hangs after successful execution. How to avoid it?
Next Topic: Ignore Sql prompt and command entered while spooling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:55:47 CDT 2024