Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » EXECUTE_QUERY (Oracle 9i)
EXECUTE_QUERY [message #417625] Mon, 10 August 2009 11:20 Go to next message
uttam.arya

Hi Everybody,

I am new to oracle forms, I hope somebody can help me with this Smile

I am dealing with a form with four data blocks, all the blocks uses the same database table to show different information. The execute_query is written within WHEN-NEW-FORM-INSTANCE. The database table is bind with the input parameter of the form which is also primary key of the table. When I run the form it displays the data as needed.
I am supposed to add a new block that uses the same database table but shows different information, when I created the block and run the form the only newly added data block is not updated, but when I move the cursor to that block and press the execute query then it shows the information. Why not this block also update information automatically as other blocks do.

Regards,
Uttam
Re: EXECUTE_QUERY [message #417651 is a reply to message #417625] Mon, 10 August 2009 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Did you create relationship between the newly created block and its "master" block? If so, did you create it properly? Wizard *usually* does the job perfectly so, if you did that manually, try to delete it and start again, but this time use wizard.
Re: EXECUTE_QUERY [message #417657 is a reply to message #417651] Mon, 10 August 2009 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
uttam.arya

Hi,

Lot of thanks for your reply. I am not using form builder but the designer, also there is no master, detail relationship between the blocks. I basically want to show single record from one table. The form is already build and different blocks are based on same table and with same where clause. I need to modify it to show new column, when I once again try to include the table with the same where clause in the new block, it does not show up anything unlike others, unless I manually press the execute button. I do not know if i need to create a link between all the block or something similar.

Regards,
Uttam
Re: EXECUTE_QUERY [message #417719 is a reply to message #417657] Tue, 11 August 2009 04:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I don't use Designer, but - as far as I can tell - yes, you'll need to create a relationship between these blocks if you want to "automatically" fetch the information. Otherwise, how would your form know that it is supposed to do something (execute query in your case)? Either create a relationship (so Forms engine does that by itself), or manually (press EXECUTE QUERY).
Re: EXECUTE_QUERY [message #417722 is a reply to message #417657] Tue, 11 August 2009 04:50 Go to previous message
Frank
If you already have it working for three other blocks and it does not work for the block you just added, you need to check the differences between your block and the others.
Check all triggers that are defined in Designer, check all attributes for the block and the items and check the generator properties for all.
Previous Topic: Simple Database Design - Any Suggestions?
Next Topic: Unble to create containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:17:02 CDT 2024