Home » Developer & Programmer » Designer » Doubt in database design (Oracle 10g sql plus)
Doubt in database design [message #555875] Tue, 29 May 2012 10:17 Go to next message
gokul1242
Hi i am creating a database design for an online shopping site.In the customer database i collect all the customer information such as name,dob,address,user_name etc and store in a table.now when the customer is buying a product if he wants the product to be delivered to some other address which is not the same address what he gave in the customer information table.then where can i store the new address in the database.do i need to create a separate table for storing the address or is there any other way??
Re: Doubt in database design [message #555878 is a reply to message #555875] Tue, 29 May 2012 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson

Welcome to the forum. Please read our OraFAQ Forum Guide and How to use [code] tags and make your code easier to read

Your problem is to do with the data model: you need to set up a one-to-many relationship between a table of customers and a table of addresses. Google for DATA NORMALIZATION or perhaps ENTITY RELATIONSHIP MODEL and you will find plenty of advice.
Re: Doubt in database design [message #555880 is a reply to message #555878] Tue, 29 May 2012 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
You can also read our Normalization wiki page.

Regards
Michel
Re: Doubt in database design [message #580804 is a reply to message #555880] Thu, 28 March 2013 05:37 Go to previous message
Alanjohn
You need to build new data base table in which customers write their new information and make connection of it with old content table. By this why you can automatically get solution of your problem.
Previous Topic: Natural join in ERD
Next Topic: Fact Table Design
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:46:14 CDT 2024