Home » Server Options » Multitenant » Flex Cluster, what is exactly model architecture (Oracle 12cR1, multiple platform)
Flex Cluster, what is exactly model architecture [message #663035] Fri, 19 May 2017 02:28 Go to next message
trantuananh24hg
Recently, I have read John Watson's blog article (God bless to him) about the Flex Cluster in Multi-Tenancy.
http://www.skillbuilders.com/Oracle/Oracle-Consulting-Training.cfm?category=blogs&tab=john-watsons-blog&node=2857#tabs

In fact, I really have not deploy any flex cluster still now, but, as soon as possible, I will, and think people will do. A more Oracle documents appear in Oracle's site, a more reference documents in Google, however, too less case to deploy.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa472/sigmasvn1999/FlexCluster/oracle-flex-architecture.jpg

And I hope, this thread will help people, including me, who take care about Flex Cluster but have not much knowledgement to clarify more.

The first question:

- If we deploy 3 Hub Nodes in Data Centers, and we have a plan to expand 2 Leaf Node attached the main Hub, what we need to do? Application, Database, Software, Hardware connection, ...etc? How does the Leaf Node got result from query to client responsibility?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2017 02:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Flex Cluster, what is exactly model architecture [message #663039 is a reply to message #663035] Fri, 19 May 2017 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
Quote:
If we deploy 3 Hub Nodes in Data Centers, and we have a plan to expand 2 Leaf Node attached the main Hub, what we need to do? Application, Database, Software, Hardware connection, ...etc?
Expanding a cluster to include a couple of leaf nodes is simple enough: attach the new nodes to the interconnect, and run the addNode.sh script to push the home out. Running it interactively is probably easier than trying to suss out all the parameters for a silent install.

Quote:
How does the Leaf Node got result from query to client responsibility?
Applications on leaf nodes connect to database instances on hub nodes through the SCAN as normal.
Re: Flex Cluster, what is exactly model architecture [message #663040 is a reply to message #663039] Fri, 19 May 2017 05:34 Go to previous message
trantuananh24hg
Thank you,

Can we use Leaf Node as Instance Database? As quoted lines from an article

Quote:

Hub Nodes: They are connected among them via private network and have direct access to the shared storage just like previous versions. These nodes are the ones that access the Oracle Cluster Registry (OCR) and Voiting Disk (VD) directly.

Leaf Nodes: These nodes are lighter and are not connected among them, neither access the shared storage like the Hub Nodes. Each Leaf Node communicates with the Hub Node that is attached to, and it connected to the cluster via the Hub Node that is linked to.
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/database/flexasm-flexcluster-benefits-odb12c-2177371.html

I understand the leaf node can not be an Instance Oracle Database, and as your describe in blog, none of background process as LWGr, none of Instance exists. So, what does Leaf Node bring benefit to?

[Updated on: Fri, 19 May 2017 05:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Query Regarding Transportable Tablespaces (merged)
Next Topic: Oracle 12c Multi Tenancy -Data Separation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:33:19 CDT 2024